wireless connection problem

nuhim172 13:23 03 Apr 07

i am trying to connect my laptop to the wireless broadband BT hub but im having problems. I am using Bt netwrok adapter 1010 to connect, have typied in all relevent WEP and SSI codes but cannot connect. i think i need to manually insert the IP address but have no idea how to?
any suggestions....

thank you

rodriguez 13:27 03 Apr 07

Make sure you have DHCP enabled on your router (check the manual to find out how to do this for the BT Hub). Do you get any messages or warnings when you try to connect to it?

oldbeefer2 13:30 03 Apr 07

this click here any help?

oldnovice 13:46 03 Apr 07

have you put wireless connection in trusted zone in your firewall?

nuhim172 15:47 03 Apr 07

im not getting any error message now but before it would not connect because device was out of range?? but the signal strength was full and i did stand next to the router and try.
i switched the firewall off on a few occassions in order to try an connect but did not happen.

postie24 19:20 03 Apr 07

When you 1st got the home hub,did you set it up for ethernet connection 1st?

nuhim172 19:36 04 Apr 07

the home PC had been set to the BT hub. and ive trying to connect using wireless, it has nt worked. i managed to connect successfully with ethernet cables but still no luck with wireless.

postie24 18:41 05 Apr 07

Have you tried using the installation disc that comes with the home hub,i set one up the other day for a wireless connection,and it was very easy.
Its default setting is wep security,which can be easily changed

Postie123

nuhim172 16:56 06 Apr 07

tried that has nt worked. but im using a wire connection. will sort it out at a later point.
thank you people for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…