Wireless connection problem

Ironside2 13:51 08 Feb 06

I have just recently bought a Netgear wireless router. I also use a USB adapter on my laptop so I can go wirelessUp until yesterday, everything was working perfectly okay. What's happening now is that on the laptop, all appears fine, it is telling me that the signal strength is strong and I'm connected. I just can't connect to the Internet. All I get is "page cannot be found" I have a feeling is that something to do with the WEP settings but I'm really not sure

stalion 13:55 08 Feb 06

try clearing your internet history first

johnnyrocker 13:59 08 Feb 06

you may have lost one of the ip addresses in the chain power off all equipment for two mins then power up your i/net source after a further minute power netgear and a further minute later power up computer, might get you out of trouble.

johnny.

Ironside2 17:34 08 Feb 06

Okay, managed to get the wireless connection working now. At the moment, both on the PC and the laptop, where you have a choice to select wireless protection, I have disabled it on both the laptop and the PC. If I choose WAP I have to put a phrase in which seems to generate a code. Do I have to do this on both the PC and the laptop, or just the laptop. If so, do I use the same phrase on both computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac