WIreless Connection Problem

deam0n 13:09 08 Jan 06

I've connected my new PC to the Router (via an ethernet cable) ... and my old PC via a wireless adaper. The OLD PC's internet connected works absolutely perfectly, I can check my mails etc ...

But the new PC (one connected to the router), only visits a few sites. It goes to the main hotmail page, but once you enter the password and try to sign in it goes to a blank page, it doesn't sign into MSN or even go to the main page of g-mail ... these are just but a few examples of the sites the new computer isn't opening.

Hope someone can help

mgmcc 14:43 08 Jan 06

This problem, particularly where "secure" sites are involved, can be due to an incorrect MTU setting.

CyberTweak from click here will optimise your settings. You may also be able to set the correct MTU value in your router - 1492 for ADSL, although AOL use a very low setting of 1400.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…