Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…
I am trying to set up my playstation 3 with a wireless connection. On the playstation 3 website I have been given instructions on how to set it up. Instructions are as follows:
1) Leave your PS3 settings on automatic/easy (probably what you already had it set as before).
2) Locate the IP address of your router. For example’s sake, mine is a D-Link DI-604 with IP 192.168.0.1
3) Open a web browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer for example) on a computer connected to your router (The PS3’s browser might also work but I didn’t try that).
4) In the address bar, type in the IP address of you router.
5) If it asks for a username and password, enter whatever you set it as. If you never set one, check the manual with your router and it will probably give the default username and password. If you can’t find one, try username “admin” with no password.
6) Once you get in, look for the setting to enter "DNS Primary and Secondary." (In mine, it was under “WAN.”) Once you find it, enter the values above for DNS (188.8.131.52 primary and 184.108.40.206 secondary). - Mine had 0.0.0.0 for both primary and secondary before I did this which makes me further believe that this was the problem. - Make sure to apply the changes.
7) Check the connection on your PS3 and hope that it is working.
I have completed steps 1 and 2 however when it comes to step 3 it doesn't seem to work. I have typed in my IP address and a "OpenDNS Guide" web page comes up with "You tried to visit 192.168.0.1, which is not loading." at the top of the page.
Can anyone please help?
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.