wireless connection not working anymore

samuello 16:34 16 Feb 06

Hi there.
I have a dell inspiron 6000 with wi-fi connection, and have been wirelessly connected to the internet for several weeks now. However, despite still being connected to the network, my computer is not displaying web pages or allowing me to access the internet. I have tried running a diagnostics test and that comes back as fine. The MSN troubleshooter was suggesting there was a problem with the 'key ports', whatever those might be. Can anyone shed any light onto what I might need to try doing next?
Many thanks.

LAP 18:41 16 Feb 06

Can you try another micro processor, mind packed up last week.

flopper1 20:01 16 Feb 06

Try lowering firewall settings
floppski

namtas 21:37 16 Feb 06

What happens when you try to connect

samuello 09:56 17 Feb 06

The wi-fi connection says that I am already connected to the internet, but when I click on the internet application I just get the "This Page Canot be Displayed" Message. When I go on the MSN Messenger troubleshooter, it tells me that I am connected to the internet, but not connected to the NET.Messenger Service. Basically, it looks like the laptop has a connection to the internet, it just isn't able to use it effectively. When internet exlorer opens up, the bottom toolbar says downloading from site, and a sequence of numbers. Is this the IP address? It starts with 62 - would this still be right? I thought I read somewhere else that this would not work as the start of an IP address - could be talking crazy there though!
I've run hardware tests, and they have all come back fine, so I don't think that is a problem. The wireless network is unsecured, so it isn't a security issue either. Could it simply be a problem with the settings somewhere, or is it likely to be something more complicated than that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…