Wireless connection of Modem to Phone socket?

gplatt2000 14:54 04 Jun 04

Hi all. I am planning on moving the computer into a iffernt room in the next few weeks, but have come across one problem: it would be extremely awkward to run a wire from our phone socket, to where the modem will be with the computer. Is there any kind of product that would get rid of this prolem, like a wireless system? Any ideas would be great, cheers

Gavin

johnnyrocker 14:56 04 Jun 04

click here and click here should sort you

johnny.

Graham ® 15:00 04 Jun 04

click here and save £40!

gplatt2000 15:44 04 Jun 04

Thanks a lot for those guys - johnny rocker - I still have to look atthose sites you gave me but Im in a bit of a ruch now so will do later.

Graham - thanks, that seems great - APART from - do they do an adsl version, as I have Broadbad? Ive had a quick search on their site but didnt seen anything?

Thanks again

TBH1 16:47 04 Jun 04

gplatt2000 - you will have no problems with adsl wireless modem - -or you may want to take this oportunity to go the wireless modem/router , well, route - - just incase you have more then one PC in your house.

Graham ® 09:57 05 Jun 04

I think most wireless adsl modems come as routers.

click here

gplatt2000 11:18 05 Jun 04

So would I have the Wireless ADSl Router plugged in at my phone socket, with a wireless network card (something like this? - click here) in my computer?

thanks again

Graham ® 11:45 05 Jun 04

For some reason my link is not taking you to the right page. In Ebuyer, search for 'wireless adsl'. The first one comes with a PCI card. Yes, the router plugs into the phone socket, the card in the PC picks up the ADSL signal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…