Wireless connection issues

MickBrod1 09:37 30 Sep 06

I live in a shared house which has a wireless Router setup on the ground floor in the kitchen. I have a laptop in my room on the 2nd Floor. Sometimes it establishes a connection to the Wireless router but when you check the status, packets are been sent but not received. The connection then drops out completely. So simply put no internet access has been acquired within the bedroom.

If I move the laptop out of the room just a couple of metres the wireless connection is enabled, packets are been sent back and fourth and connection is established.

Was previously working in the bedroom without issue.

Could this have to do with interference? I have a digibox in my room, is their a possibility this could interfere with the Wireless signal.

Really strange problem as no issues with the Router, others are using fine in certain areas.

Have done following:
* disabled/re-enabled wireless connection
* Re-entered password into configuration
* Rebooted Router downstairs
* Checked IP config details
* Attempted to delete/re-create connection

Your help with this would be much appreciated,

ArrGee 10:21 30 Sep 06

Does the lack of signal occur when the digibox is turned off?

Strawballs 22:38 30 Sep 06

You could try a signal booster on the 1st floor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…