Wireless connection chaos

musigal86 23:10 14 Oct 06

Hi, if anyone has ANY ideas here I'd be grateful as I'm this close to smashing up things :)

We have a Wanadoo Livebox wireless network in our house, works fine through my laptop and 2 of my housemates. Other housemate has bought brand new laptop, and I'm trying to connect it to the network too. I've done everything I'm supposed to, but it gets to the final point, where it recognises the network, I click connect and enter the WEP key, and after much deliberation and 'waiting for the network', it just won't connect. After fiddling with various options (trial and error) in the network settings, the wireless card settings etc, sometimes it will now get to 'acquiring network address' but still won't connect! The computer is an Acer aspire 1500, with a Belkin wireless card, on XP.

It just doesn't make any sense to me, as the other 2 laptops connected fine (as did his old computer) but nothing seems to work here, and the help/support centre is useless. I've tried everything logical I think, so I need some techy knowledge now!

Many, many thanks for any tips!

johnnyrocker 23:18 14 Oct 06

just a thought but it might be good to double your chances of answers by posting in networking as well?

johnny.

musigal86 23:34 14 Oct 06

Thanks, will do!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced