Wireless connection.

westgolf 20:16 24 Apr 09

Hi Guys , someone - please help ! I have previously asked for help with my new wireless set up & things were fine.
I have a new Belkin modem/wireless modem/router .. works fine with 2 x laptops that run XP & now - 1 x laptop that runs vista. ... no probs.But the original desk top that runs vista , will not work "wireless" & will only function / connect to the internet with the ethernet connection ... it sees the wireless connection but cannot use the wireless connection to function ... any suggestions please ?? as ever - many thanks .

MAJ 20:39 24 Apr 09

What sort of wireless card or wireless adapter are you using with the desktop, westgolf?

westgolf 07:29 25 Apr 09

Hi there, desktop is a Phillips Freevents @ 1 year old , I'll get info & reply, Thanx.

westgolf 09:48 25 Apr 09

Managed to get the following info : 802.11g PCI Turbo wireless adapter. Ralink , driver date ; 25.8.06. Any good ? Thanx.

birdface 10:07 25 Apr 09

Something to look at until you get help.

click here

westgolf 10:35 25 Apr 09

Thanx , will study this. Cheers.

westgolf 13:12 27 Apr 09

Hi there & big thanx to everyone who has assisted ! finally sorted the probs with manual input of SSID stuff , which was not picked up via the installation wizard , what a game ! Once again - thanx to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…