Wireless connection

alex 18:55 12 Nov 06

I have a wireless router which is situated in living room. I have a very weak wireless connection in the bed rooms upstairs.
Is it possible to extend the wireless arial connection og my router by connecting/running a cable to the top floor & I guess what I mean is to provide a good "hot spot" on top floor. thanks

skidzy 19:09 12 Nov 06

Alex,you could try a long Ethernet cable directly from the router to the pc click here

alex 19:14 12 Nov 06

Yes, I know that is an option, but I realy want to create a wireless "hot spot", so the kids or friends can go any where they want

skidzy 19:26 12 Nov 06

Alex something like this may help click here

skidzy 19:41 12 Nov 06

Go and annoy someone else......your not welcome here.

Alex,im sorry your thread got spoilt by these fools,hopfully the FE will remove it.

alex 20:06 12 Nov 06

Thanks skidzy, will try it, is higher dbi better?

skidzy 20:18 12 Nov 06

Alex if you can post the model of your router,i will try to find you a highgain booster such as click here

alex 22:43 12 Nov 06

Thanks,is a conexant MR4CW/UK from a company called Bona

wato 23:16 12 Nov 06

Alex the answer really is to move the router upstairs! You might find that the extra height will give you better coverage all round.

WhiteTruckMan 02:28 13 Nov 06

No 1 son has just got broadband in his house. it came with a wireless router, so I have just refurbished his pc and fitted a wireless card to it. The router is in the living room and the pc is upstairs in a bedroom, and he has some problems connecting. (only found out this evening. dont as yet know if its signal strength related) I didnt recognise the router mentioed here so I had to google it to get a picture to be sure it wasnt the same router.

Oh, and his name is Alex, as well. (Only his router came with his BTinternet)

Scary.

WTM

Graham32 14:38 13 Nov 06

You might like to look at this as a network extender - I'm using it and it works very well - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…