Wireless connection

alex 18:55 12 Nov 06

I have a wireless router which is situated in living room. I have a very weak wireless connection in the bed rooms upstairs.
Is it possible to extend the wireless arial connection og my router by connecting/running a cable to the top floor & I guess what I mean is to provide a good "hot spot" on top floor. thanks

skidzy 19:09 12 Nov 06

Alex,you could try a long Ethernet cable directly from the router to the pc click here

alex 19:14 12 Nov 06

Yes, I know that is an option, but I realy want to create a wireless "hot spot", so the kids or friends can go any where they want

skidzy 19:26 12 Nov 06

Alex something like this may help click here

skidzy 19:41 12 Nov 06

Go and annoy someone else......your not welcome here.

Alex,im sorry your thread got spoilt by these fools,hopfully the FE will remove it.

alex 20:06 12 Nov 06

Thanks skidzy, will try it, is higher dbi better?

skidzy 20:18 12 Nov 06

Alex if you can post the model of your router,i will try to find you a highgain booster such as click here

alex 22:43 12 Nov 06

Thanks,is a conexant MR4CW/UK from a company called Bona

wato 23:16 12 Nov 06

Alex the answer really is to move the router upstairs! You might find that the extra height will give you better coverage all round.

WhiteTruckMan 02:28 13 Nov 06

No 1 son has just got broadband in his house. it came with a wireless router, so I have just refurbished his pc and fitted a wireless card to it. The router is in the living room and the pc is upstairs in a bedroom, and he has some problems connecting. (only found out this evening. dont as yet know if its signal strength related) I didnt recognise the router mentioed here so I had to google it to get a picture to be sure it wasnt the same router.

Oh, and his name is Alex, as well. (Only his router came with his BTinternet)

Scary.

WTM

Graham32 14:38 13 Nov 06

You might like to look at this as a network extender - I'm using it and it works very well - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5