Wireless connection

Thomo1 23:57 12 Dec 05

click here

i want to connect my laptop and PC to the internet using my current Wanadoo broadband connection.

My PC is wired to this device (the link) and works fine connecting to the net after following the setup insrtuctions.

However i cannot get the laptop to do anything!!

I have all of the details written down that i need for the laptop (SSID, channel, keys, etc etc) but aint got the foggiest where to put them in the laptop.

I have configured the PC to connect ot the net via this gateway device and now want the laptop to connect in a different room in the house with out trailing wires about the place. I have clicked the wirelss connection icon in the system tray on the laptop but it just says it cannot find any wireless networks in range.

Is this device i have brought the right one and what do i have to do to get the laptop connected?

Skills 00:30 13 Dec 05

You could try running the wireless network setup wizard from the control panel to start with, this will allow you to enter all the information you have and hopefully will get it sorted so try that first.

rmcqua 09:46 13 Dec 05

Have you successfully used the laptop on a wireless network previously? If not, the fact that your laptop cannot identify a wireless network within range might indicate a faulty wireless adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…