wireless connection

baldi 20:05 24 Nov 05

I have just attached a wireless router (netgear dg834g) to my desktop via ethernet cable and all is ok with the internet connection (aol broadband). However, I can`t seem to connect to the internet wirelessly from the laptop. I have installed the aol software onto the laptop but when i try to log on through the aol software it gives the message "DNS server unreachable or unavailable (24-01-08-033). Do I need to configure my laptop first in some way ? Or do I need to load the netgear software disk into the laptop as well. can anyone please help me get a wireless connection ???

woodchip 20:43 24 Nov 05

Don't think you should have to load AOL on Laptop but you will ether have to network them or start your other computer and connect to AOL then turn monitor off and use Laptop but the SSID and Passwords have to match in Laptop with the router

baldi 20:51 24 Nov 05

I think i need to configure my laptop to the same ip as my desktop how do i get to the point of typing in the matching ssid and password on the laptop

woodchip 21:57 24 Nov 05

do you have Icon in the system tray for the laptop wireless. if not try networking in control panel double click your connection

Gilesyh 15:06 03 Feb 06

I am having exactly the same problem as you it seems. If you managed to resolve the issue, please can you let me know how?

LAPTOPBABE 14:11 09 Feb 06

aol will give you step by step instruction as to how to do it, as you are using one of their recommended routers. Get on a mates computer and print off full very good step by step guide. Easy!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…