Wireless Connection

norman-174809 18:06 01 Sep 05

My thanks to Johnnyrocker for his reply to my query of 19th August and apologies for delay in taking the matter up again. I explained that I have connected the Evesham desktop PC to the Evesham Laptop using Netgear Router WGR614 and Wireless USB 2.0 adapter WG111. The Laptop displays the following message when I attempt to connect to the Web "Forbidden You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list."
This is dispite the fact that the laptop carries a message to the effect that there is a connection and signal strength is excellent, and that AVG virus downloads appear at soon as the laptop is switched on.

Johnnyrocker says Go to Connection Properties and see is "Connect using a proxy" is ticked and if so untick and reboot.

I have gone to Network Connection and clicked the various Lan or High-speed Internet connections and gone to properties but I cannot find any trace of "connect using a proxy".
I am using NTL Broadband, does that make a difference.
Plesse can you help me some more Johnnyrocker,
if so many thanks in advance.
Normfrank.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…