wireless conection

jhne 20:30 24 Dec 05

I have a new laptop with a 802.11g mini pci wireless network adapter i also have a edimax 802.11g wireless Lan access point,
But when i try to connect it show single strength excellent but no connectivity.

Strawballs 23:12 24 Dec 05

Are you running any encryption on the access point if so and you have not set up the wireless adapter on the laptop it will not connect no matter how strong the signal it is receiving

jhne 23:18 24 Dec 05

tell me how do i tell if i am and can it be shut down thank u for replying when i double click the icon and open the setting there is a little padlock on it it is driving me mad

hellred 10:03 25 Dec 05

The gateway pc has the access point connected to it, you need to disable the encryption, i assume you dont have the key any more and need to set a new key, then connect to the access point with that key.
All this is set in the network properies on the access point then set the laptop connection by double clicking the network icon in the sys tray and click properties the configure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…