wireless computer system

dkls04736 16:56 13 Jan 05

I have heard so much about a wireless system needing no cables or leads. Is it possible to have this system for one single computer, and if so, wat do I need for my computer to be converted as such, and how much is it likely to cost?

Thanks.

capella 17:02 13 Jan 05

When you say wireless do you want to include access to the Internet or do you mean just a wireless mouse/keyboard

dkls04736 17:31 13 Jan 05

Yes! I do want to access the Internet and have all the usual benefits as if it were an ordinary run computer.

capella 17:38 13 Jan 05

In this case you will need a wireless (Wifi)adsl/modem/router - this will be for your broadband connection. Also if your laptop does not have a built in wifi device you will need to buy a wireless PCMCIA card or a usb wifi key
Netgear are currently doing a good deal on a wifi adsl/modem/router which when bought you will get a choice of a free wifi PCMCIA card or a usb wifi key total cost of this is about £100.00 (model DG834GT) also you will need to think of securing your wifi network l hope that helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…