Wireless compatablility.

AlexPB 22:46 09 Jun 08

Hi,

Could somebody please tell me if it is possible to fit a wireless card reader in my laptop as it does not already have wireless features. The reason for me wanting to install a wireless card reader is that i dont really want a USB stick hanging out of my laptop anymore.

Thank you
Alex.

rossgolf 23:03 09 Jun 08

wireless card reader?? personally never heard of them
have you googled it??

AlexPB 23:08 09 Jun 08

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Wen I say wireless card reader, i mean the drive that you insert one of these click here

Thanks

Switcher 23:11 09 Jun 08

You may be able to fit a PCMCIA card, an internal card, or compact flash sized wireless adaptor depending on your laptop spec

Switcher 23:14 09 Jun 08

OK thats a PCmcia card. you can fit one for about £12.00 assuming that you have a PCMCIA slot, of course. I use a TP link one now instead of previous Belkin USB type and it it very good.

woodchip 23:22 09 Jun 08

Yes that will connect you to the Internet Wireless but it still sticks out, but not as much as a USB WiFi

AlexPB 10:01 10 Jun 08

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. The laptop does not have a slot for the card but i was wondering if it would be possible to fit one of these slots.

Thanks

woodchip 14:08 10 Jun 08

no

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…