Wireless card switched off!!

fredyflame 22:23 22 Jan 05

Why when I started my laptop today has my wireless card switched itself off and will not let me network
"intel pro wireless"
even when i try to use their software the switch radio on, button is greyed out

paranomia 22:30 22 Jan 05

Did you install the card yourself? Is it a mini pci card or cardbus? If you go into Control Panel / Network connections, does the card appear there?

fredyflame 22:34 22 Jan 05

Internal card with the laptop
yes it shows but just says not connected when I go into properties it is enabled

fredyflame 22:36 22 Jan 05

Have reinstalled latest drivers and software it is on the software page that it is switched off
when I tell it to let software run it it is still greyed

paranomia 22:41 22 Jan 05

Have you checked that whatever it is you are trying to connect to is working... I often have problems connecting to my wireless router, disabling the card then re-enabling it a couple of mins later usually cures it. I believe it is something to do with the fact I usually hibernate the laptop instead of shutting it down.

fredyflame 22:47 22 Jan 05

I have just read that there may be a switch on my laptop and yes there is I must have pressed it by mistake ( well the kids must have cause i wouln't be that daft) Thanks all for help and advice - great site

paranomia 22:51 22 Jan 05

Glad you got it sorted! :) This is a great site if you have any IT related probs.
Could you tick the Resolved box to let everyone know you found the problem - it gives others with the same prob a clue where to start looking! All the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced