Wireless card needs reinstalling every time I switch PC on.

emmybee 21:22 10 Oct 12

My Ralink WiFi card has to be reinstalled every time I turn my PC on before it will connect to my Sky wireless modem. The card worked fine from the day I bought it in December last year until 22nd August, when I went abroad on holiday, until last Wednesday, 3rd October. Since then it won't work on boot up until I uninstall and re-install it, when it works fine until I turn my PC off. I also have a Tenda USB WiFi card, so I tried that instead. The same thing happens with that, too. Any suggestions? I have reverted to an Ethernet cable in the meantime.

emmybee 19:49 12 Oct 12

Hi Jock1e, the driver is the one that came with the card. The Tenda driver is the latest one. So I can't roll back the Ralink driver, and I tried rolling back the Tenda one. All to no effect.

emmybee 19:50 12 Oct 12

Hi Jock1e, the driver is the one that came with the card. The Tenda driver is the latest one. So I can't roll back the Ralink driver, and I tried rolling back the Tenda one. All to no effect.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 12 Oct 12

in device manager right click the card select properties - power management tab - "uncheck allow the computer to turn off...."

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch the Superbowl 2016 online in the UK: Broncos vs Panthers live plus Coldplay halftime…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…