Wireless card needs reinstalling every time I switch PC on.

emmybee 21:22 PM 10 Oct 12

My Ralink WiFi card has to be reinstalled every time I turn my PC on before it will connect to my Sky wireless modem. The card worked fine from the day I bought it in December last year until 22nd August, when I went abroad on holiday, until last Wednesday, 3rd October. Since then it won't work on boot up until I uninstall and re-install it, when it works fine until I turn my PC off. I also have a Tenda USB WiFi card, so I tried that instead. The same thing happens with that, too. Any suggestions? I have reverted to an Ethernet cable in the meantime.

emmybee 19:49 PM 12 Oct 12

Hi Jock1e, the driver is the one that came with the card. The Tenda driver is the latest one. So I can't roll back the Ralink driver, and I tried rolling back the Tenda one. All to no effect.

emmybee 19:50 PM 12 Oct 12

Hi Jock1e, the driver is the one that came with the card. The Tenda driver is the latest one. So I can't roll back the Ralink driver, and I tried rolling back the Tenda one. All to no effect.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 PM 12 Oct 12

in device manager right click the card select properties - power management tab - "uncheck allow the computer to turn off...."

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites