wireless can't see network

allstarhm 18:09 21 Apr 05

I have a inbuilt wire card (intel pro wireless 2100(on windows XP Home)), and used to use it on a network at my uni residence which provides a wireless access to get on the net(for about 3 months++). However, i just swithced on my computer one day and it can't seem to see the network at all. It's particularly strange cuz i can still see other networks(ie in my uni and other hotspots, and can successfully connect to those network as well). I called the tech support for the wireless network and they ran me through the settings but yet it could not see the network. And when i mean 'see', i mean that when i click on the wireless 'search for wire less network in range', it return with 'no wireless network found in range'. and to my knowledge other ppl in the residence do not have this problem. Is it due to my wireless, or is it the network? Many thanks in advance.

mgmcc 20:05 21 Apr 05

If your Wireless Network Adapter can find WiFi networks elsewhere, but not in the Uni Residence, this would suggest that either there is a problem with the Residence network or you are in a location where, for some reason, the signal is blocked. Have you tried moving around the building to see if you get a signal?

allstarhm 00:22 22 Apr 05

yup, i've tried moving around, but still can't search for the network. And i don't think there's anything wrong with the computer cuz i borrowed a PCMCIA wifi card and used it on my computer and it works fine.

Nelmon2k 21:51 22 Apr 05

I know this sounds unlikely but have you checked that the mac of your wireless card hasn't been barred somehow in the router??? This would stop you connecting to it but i dont know whether it would stop you seeing it.

allstarhm 13:56 11 May 05

my wireless started working again, without me doing anything about it. Still wondering why, but i guess this problem is resolved.
Thanks.

rico1961 20:45 11 May 05

I am trying to create a wireless network.I have the original modem set up with my broadband, and have just bought a router and ethernet card. I have managed to set up a network connection to the other computer but it cannot recieve it.I have a wireless network card installed in the other computer,but am having problems with it, the software installs ok but when i run the hardware wizard it can't find the network card.is there something missing?I am running xp home on the host pc and windows me on the other.

rico1961 20:45 11 May 05

I am trying to create a wireless network.I have the original modem set up with my broadband, and have just bought a router and ethernet card. I have managed to set up a network connection to the other computer but it cannot recieve it.I have a wireless network card installed in the other computer,but am having problems with it, the software installs ok but when i run the hardware wizard it can't find the network card.is there something missing?I am running xp home on the host pc and windows me on the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…