Wireless camera to keep watch on room

andy625 12:04 16 May 07

Can anyone recommend a "webcam" type camera that I can set up to watch over a room and transmit the pictures to a laptop via my wireless network?

We have just got a cat and would like to watch what it does when we're not in the room.

I don't need to transmit it over the web, this is just for use in our house.

wee eddie 12:20 16 May 07

Schrödinger's Cat!

Technotiger 12:23 16 May 07

Hi, you need a video sender to which you attach your camcorder, you can then watch what happens in another room ...

click here

Technotiger 12:28 16 May 07

Or - click here

Dipso 12:53 16 May 07

I have this click here which is not exactly was you asked for but is a great low cost solution. It transmits a wireless signal to a receiver which can be connected to any TV with AV connectors. It's colour and also has night vision which is a bonus and can be powered by mains or battery.

recap 13:15 16 May 07

At work here I use web cams to monitor the entrance doors. The software that comes with the web cams has sufficient functionality to produce pictures of who enters the building. Emails are sent with a picture when the web cam is activated.

andy625 13:39 16 May 07

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Recap, the system you have sounds like what I was thinking of. Having looked at some of the web sites suggested though, I'm assuming that your setup would be fairly expensive?

Dipso, its a shame the one you have can't be read by a pc. Thats the kind of price I had in mind. I don't need anything too elaborate.

Technotiger 13:48 16 May 07

I would have thought that it should be quite easy to connect Dipsos' item to a PC graphics card, it would only need AV in on the card.

Technotiger 13:50 16 May 07

Or even connected to a pci TV card with AV in.

Dipso 14:03 16 May 07

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I mentioned TV as that is how I use it but there's absolutely no reason why it couldn't be connected to a PC with the appropriate hardware.

andy625 14:35 16 May 07

Ah I see. Looks like thats what I need then. Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…