wireless cable/dsl routers how safe are they

drinkslikeafish 12:00 16 Jun 04

I have just networked 2 pc's using the actiontec wireless cable/dsl router how safe is the built in fire wall protection because it ment i had to uninstall my norton 2004 fire wall and i phoned action tec but they would not give me the name of the firewall

vinnyo123 13:27 16 Jun 04

I would guess it is using Stateful Packet Inspection and NAT.(Router)I would say it is safe enough as long as you update your Anti Virus and OS (patches)and run a spyware program.You can also run a software firewall on PC but I don't think it is neccessary.I would just double check what your gonna use on your wireless Access point unless your not worried about neighbors jumping on your LAN lol.

Graham ® 13:48 16 Jun 04

Good point. A company in Sheffield parked their van ouside several office buildings, then went inside and displayed a laptop logged on to their office computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…