wireless broadband printing

denis93c 16:33 25 Apr 05

i have two xp pc`s a tower and a laptop,the laptop runs on 1mb wireless broadband ,i tried to set up the printer network wizard,i done this on both pc`s,but i cant print from the laptop to the tower were the printer is connected.
do i need extra hard-ware or am i doing some-thing wrong?

medicine hat 16:45 25 Apr 05

Perhaps your firewall is preventing access

spanneress 17:19 25 Apr 05

Have you installed the printer software on both machines? Have you shared the rpinter? Are botrh your PC's on the same network (name)??? Just a few questions for starters...

mgmcc 20:14 25 Apr 05

1) Connect the printer to the laptop, as though it were to be used with that computer, and install it. This ensures that it has all the necessary software/drivers on board.

2) Reconnect it to the "host" PC and, in its Properties, set it as "shared". In the laptop's "My Network Places", the printer should then appear as a shared resource of the "host" PC along with any shared folders. Double clicking the printer in the remote PC should automatically install it as a "network printer" in the laptop. If you are always going to print via the network, you should set the "network printer" as the default one.

Otherwise, have a look at this Microsoft article. It is an old article written for Windows 95, but the basic principle for installing the network printer should still be valid.

click here;en-us;141839

mgmcc 20:17 25 Apr 05

URL should be:

h t t p : / / (without spaces) then

VoG II 20:17 25 Apr 05

mgmcc's link

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…