wireless broadband with ntl

chrissie1 19:30 28 Feb 06

I have a newish laptop which is wireless enabled, but I just have a dial-up account with AOL. One of my flatmates with a similar computer joined aol broadband, and bought a wireless router (BT Voyager 2100 ADSL). We were all able to connect using the wireless broadband. (although I never changed my dial-up account). He has recently moved out and cancelled his broadband with AOL. So I can no longer connect using the wireless router and am just using dial-up without broadband. (driving me mad!)
I am moving to a new house in 2 weeks, which has an ntl cable, and so we are going to have an ntl phone line (only because we have to, as landlord will not allow a sky dish to be put up). I dont know anything about ntl phone lines, so I have a few questions.
- is it possible to connect 'wireless' with ntl phone line?
- AOL says I can only order their gold 2mb package with an ntl line, and dont get a free modem. Can I use the wireless router(named above)that I already have, with an ntl line, or do I need a different one?

As you can tell, I'm quite useless with computers.. all I want is wireless internet access thats simple and easy!! (and not too expensive!)
Any tips would be great, thank you!!

Fellsider 20:16 28 Feb 06

^^^^

namtas 20:18 28 Feb 06
  Strawballs 22:00 28 Feb 06

With an ntl line you should be able to get a cable modem with B/B click here try asking here it's an NTL forum

Dellman 01:07 01 Mar 06

If you have Cable TV, you can get Wireless BB via the set-top box. Although you are limited to between 1&2Meg speeds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…