Wireless broadband connections

bullseye50 11:13 01 Nov 04

I want to connect 2 PCs and a laptop by wireless connection to broadband ( marginal area 512kbs only available) I am running XP home.

Appreciate expert advice on type router, PCI cards etc and cost of items which I require to set up the system.

TomJerry 11:35 01 Nov 04

ADSL:

D-Link DSL-G604T 54Mbp Wireless ADSL Router w/DWL-G122 USB Adapter £76.71 click here. This is router with ADSL modem buildin (throw away usb modem you got from your isp). One usb adaptor is for one PC.

For another PC, you can get either a usb wireless adaptor or get a PCI wireless card (D-Link DWL-G520+ AirPlusXtremeG+ 54Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter £28.20 click here).

The laptop should have wireless capability, if not you can get a usb wireless stick or PCMCIA wireless card D-Link DWL-G650+ AirPlusXtremeG+ 54Mbps Wireless Cardbus Adapter £23.55 click here

You can get cheap equipment from other manufacturers by search around.

For cable BB, you need a different router (cheaper) D-Link DI-624+ 54Mbps AirPlusXtremeG+ Wireless Broadband Router £51.44 click here

Better to use all equipment from the same manufacturer, easy to set up. Mix stuff from different manufacturers will definitely work, but need some tweaks sometime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…