Wireless Broadband connection difficulty.

Cara2 15:31 20 Oct 07

I have recently upgraded my broadband package. To do this I needed a wireless adaptor.

I purchased a Logilink, 802.11g wireless LAN Mini USB Adaptor (prob too much info there). So an external device.

My laptop (already wireless) connects first time each time. My desktop fails to reconnect each time I disconnect. The only way to reconnect is to go through the whole set-up procedure again - tiring, frustrating and not at all practical!

I have spoken to Orange who tell me they cannot help as the adaptor is at fault.

I have searched the internet for the company with no success. I am sure it is a settings problem - how do I find out the setting for my wireless adaptor?

Thanks,
Cara

Cara2 15:32 20 Oct 07

Oh, my operating system is XP.

Technotiger 15:39 20 Oct 07

I may or may not be able to help, but a bit more info might help me or another member - what are you using to connect the laptop with?

DJ-Garry 15:52 20 Oct 07

Cara2 did mention a Mini 802.11g USB Adaptor!!!

woodchip 15:55 20 Oct 07

You first get the Wireless setings out of the Setup Page on the Router, like SSID and Encryption key. They should be under Wireless Tab. Put these into the Software for the USB dongle by double clicking the Dongle icon in the System tray. do not forget to save settings. Plus you are better rebooting the router after

Technotiger 15:57 20 Oct 07

True, but that is not a Router or modem.

Technotiger 16:02 20 Oct 07

Plus, Cara2 did say the Adapter is for the desktop, not the laptop.

woodchip 16:07 20 Oct 07

He connects Wireless with is Laptop so he must have a Wireless Router or Modem

Technotiger 16:15 20 Oct 07

Hmm, yes, but could be a wifi hotspot nearby also.

smurfling 16:17 20 Oct 07

Logilink is a German firm, try logilink.eu and you can download the latest drivers etc, or contact their support.

Technotiger 16:28 20 Oct 07

I have recently upgraded my broadband package. To do this I needed a wireless adaptor.

???

I too have recently upgraded my broadband package, but I already have a Router, so did not need to buy a wireless adaptor!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…