Wireless broadband on AOL

chriscross72 10:26 15 Apr 06

Yesterday a friend and I set up his laptop for aol broadband silver. All went ok with the installation and we managed to connect to his service with no problems.
However now he'd like to go wireless as it's not convenient for a cable to be run from the phone point to his laptop.
I believe that aol offer no support for silver users to go wireless and would be grateful if advice could be given as to exactly what we'd need to to to enable a wireless connection.
The supplied modem is a BT Voyager 105 and just has an rj11 and usb connection on the back.
I believe he will have to purchase a combined router /modem, and a wireless card for his laptop.
All assistance and advice on necessary changes and settings would be gratefully received.

Thank you : ))

Taff™ 10:35 15 Apr 06

Any wireless modem router will do it and a PCMCIA card for the laptop. AOL don`t support wireless on Silver as you said but a simple post in the Network Forum when you`re ready to set up should get you all the correct settings.

click here for a combined deal or click here for an alernative using a USB wireless adapter instead of the card. I`ve set up a few of these and they work fine with AOL. The beaty about the USB wireless adapter is you can switch it easily to a PC as well whereas the PCMCIA card will only work in a laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…