wireless broadband

kaz85 15:49 30 Nov 05

hi. i have bought a router to get my laptop online and set it up and my laptop has a strong signal however when i try to access the internet it says 'DNS server unreachable or unavailable.(24-01-08-33)'
i am on AOL broadband silver is this why this keeps coming up? please help!

keewaa 16:26 30 Nov 05

This might help, click here

kaz85 09:18 01 Dec 05

i have already tried the second part of that and i dont think it is a firewall problem as i have changed the settings on that. i dont know how to do that first part though changing the router settings. thanks anyway.

keewaa 20:23 01 Dec 05

You will need to log into the router ..... you must use an ethernet cable initially to setup the router, so plug in your laptop via ethernet cable until you have the router configured. Then log in via web address usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 to cinfigure it.

ana_girl 21:33 04 Dec 05

what router are you using?

Treebeard 22:47 04 Dec 05

I had the same problem, but with a different router.
It appears that the signal from my cordless phone was interfering. Perhaps you have some wireless communication devices; they are quite prevalent these days.
Can you change the channel on your router?

John

kaz85 12:40 05 Dec 05

its all sorted out now - my bofriend did something with it!he confiured it through an IP adddress! but i cant get on some websites(riverisland.co- says javascript needs updating even thought its the newest version) and cant sign onto msn instant messenger!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…