wireless bridge problems

jam_ez 13:12 28 Jul 07

Hi, i asked this question a couple of days ago, but somone just cut and pasted the answer to another question:

I am already able to access my home network and xboxlive with my xbox through the offcial microsoft wireless bridge connected to the back of it via a usb.

The problem i need solving is: my desktop is too far away from my router downstairs to be plugged into either net port.(my desktop doesnot have a wireless card you see and i would like to try and use the xbox bridge to act as this)
Is it possible to use my wireless bridge to bridge between my router and my desktop pc rather than the xbox?

ie take the wirless bridge out of the back of the xbox and plug it into a usb on my desktop pc and use it to connect to the internet? it should work no?

windows seems to want to use the bridge when i plug it into my pc usb, recognises it as a bridge but then says it cant find the drivers i need to use it.. i need to know where to find these drivers that will enable use with a pc. or any other help?

thanks

James

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…