wireless boadband connection go slow

LABMAN 21:35 16 Oct 06

Hi folks, I'm looking for some help here regarding a go slow on my wireless internet connection.

I'm with Telewest with a 4mb broadband connection, my main pc hard wired to wireless router gives mr speeds of 3.7mbs pretty average but the past few days my wifes laptop connected wirelessly is strugling to even achieve 0.1mb downlaod speeds can anyone please offer any help or assistance to rectify this, thanks folks.

STREETWORK 21:45 16 Oct 06

You could be experiencing interferance from things like PC speakers, etc. Try moving the router to another area away from the PC, !m is good...

LABMAN 22:53 16 Oct 06

Hi STREETWORK,

Thanks for the input the router is sitting in the same place it's been in for almost 2 years now and nothing has changed around it.

I have it on my desktop down the side of my monitor with my cable modem sitting behind it, this problem just seemed to have developed over the weekend for no apparent reason.

LABMAN 06:06 17 Oct 06

Seems to be working this morning people wifes laptop showing 3.6 mbs I doubt it must be those pesky gremlins........marked as resolved, STREETWORK thanks for your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…