wireless again. tried everything needhelp badly!!!

MILLSY4606 19:29 09 Jan 06

trying to connect to my home router on my laptop but, is constantly aquiring network address, any ideas how to fix it

mgmcc 20:22 09 Jan 06

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", the little icon will get its "halo" to indicate it is connected to that network and it should then get its correct IP address by DHCP from the router.

MILLSY4606 20:26 09 Jan 06

well ive clicked connect to my ssid, and it comes acquiring network address, then cuts out after 2-3 mins. i also clicked on properties on my ssid, then and it says:

invalid ip address
ip address: 0.0.0.0

MILLSY4606 20:26 09 Jan 06

im on my laptop now if that helps

Leslie-212488 18:40 12 Jan 06

go into the router settings and tick broadcast ssid....is your network open or shared and you need to make a note of the access key.

what router do you have?

MILLSY4606 14:50 13 Jan 06

i have a speed touch 576, ive seen alot of problems on site with this modem, and im obviously part of the majoritey that cannot connect wirelessly. ive downloaded the xp sp2 patch from aol and done what they said to do, now it apears that my laptop thinks its connected to the router by saying connected but try to log on to aol or go to a website on explorer and there is no connection there. to configure my router i have to log onto the speedtouch website on explorer via ethernet. ive done this god knows how many times and followed the solutions that people have recomended on other helproom pages to no prevail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…