Wireless ADSL Routers - Which One To Buy?

swanson2 15:44 23 Aug 03

After seeking the advice of a number of you I have decided to install a wireless ADSL Router to share my BT Broadband connection with my two Desktop and one Laptop PC's.

One Desktop PC is running Windows Me and the other two are using Windows XP Home Edition.

I have been browsing through the net to find the best and most cost effective options but have gone into information overload!

I thought the Netgear DG824M Router (£137) was the one for me, or should I go for the D-Link Dl-624 (£123)?

I would be most grateful if any of you who have experience in this field could advise me of:

Which ADSL Router to get and where to buy it?

Which USB Adaptors to get and where to buy them?

Will DECT phone operation cause problems with the ADSL wireless signals?

Any potential pitfalls in setting the system up and where would be the best place to site the router? (Adjacent to PC in Bedroom or near to BT point in lounge?)

Bob Swanson

Forum Editor 17:44 23 Aug 03

is for the Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router.

Likewise, I like the Linksys WUSB11U SB adapter.

You can get a Linksys PCMCIA adapter for your laptop - I use one and it works like a dream.

You should have no problems with your DECT phones, but there's no such thing as a guarantee.
There are no real pitfalls in setting the network up, provided you make sure that all machines have been configured for networking.

You'll need to site the router near to the BT line, because you must connect your ADSL modem to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…