Wireless ADSL probs with Belkin

longwhatton34 19:38 02 Nov 04

I have 3 computers in the house, all wireless. Two desktops have XP (1 Home, 1 Pro SP2) and 1 laptop with 98. I seem unable to log into my wireless modem/router to change any settings, which I may want to do soon when my minimum 12 month contract with Wanadoo expires. The router IP of is inaccessible for some reason... even from the host pc, which I used to set up the network.

jdb 22:11 02 Nov 04

As a last resort if you press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds the factory settings will be applied thus removing any security/passwords you may have put in. If you have previously saved your Belkin settings as a config.bin file then these may be imported into the router to avoid having to go through all the settings again.
PS is that Whatton in Notts?

easyrider 11:16 03 Nov 04

Normally to reset any wireless modem/router I believe you have to wired to it as, when you originally set it up.

easyrider 11:19 03 Nov 04

Sorry just re-read posting I meant to say if you want to change the settings instead of reset. If you need to reset then do as jdb says in his post.

longwhatton34 11:19 03 Nov 04

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I was trying to access the router wirelessly which may be why I can't do anything with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…