Wireless adaptor woes

LeonV 14:15 07 Jun 08

Had been connecting to my Sky Netgear router via a 3Com wireless adaptor without any problems. Due to being stupid when I tried to add a new laptop, I ended up resetting the router. Now the laptop connects no problem, but despite checking the wireless settings online and trying to replicate the encryption details precisely on my adaptor set-up, my old PC is connecting to the router, but not acquiring the network address. It looks like a password problem, but I can't get my old PC back online. Would re-doing the wired connection help or what else should I try?

woodchip 14:19 07 Jun 08

If you have the Encryption key for the router double click the 3Com icon in system tray near to the clock and create a new connection with it. you also need the SSID for 3Com, I use 3Com

LeonV 14:40 07 Jun 08

Still getting nowhere. Clicking the icon is bringing up the OfficeConnect wireless utility I've been fiddling with all day. The network password I got from Sky doesn't seem to be recognised.

LeonV 15:38 07 Jun 08

Updated the adaptor driver - it's working!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…