Wireless Adaptor into A 16BIT PCMCIA type II slot

GUILDENSTERN 18:06 25 Mar 04

I am looking to set-up a wireless network to access the internet (tiscali) and share data from two PCs. I have read a number of articles regarding Belkin products and wish to set-up a belkin network.

The preferred configuration is wirelesss, using belkin ADSL modem with built in 802.11g wireless router and belkin wireless USB Adaptors. Sounds simple so far, but I have a problem. One of my PC (my laptop) has PCMCIA type two slots I purchased a USB2.0 cardbus adaptor and installed it getting the following message on inserting a USB2.0 cardbus adaptor into the PCMCIA cardbus type ii slot:

"I have PCMCIA cardbus slot type two with a ricoh rl5c466 cardbus controller this firmware is not configured to run in cardbus mode. The o/s will currently accept only 16 bit (R2) pc-cards on this controller"

I understand USB2.0 is 32 bit. Is there anyway I can get belkin wireless USB Adaptors installed on to my laptop using any slot (maybe into this PCMCIA maybe using a USB1.0 cardbus adaptor)? I am not not bothered about the speed data transfer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…