wireless adapter Acer Extensa 6600WLMi

Patc 26 Mar 12

I have changed my bt home hub to a 2.0 but am unable to connect my acer extensa laptop to the wireless connection can any one tell me how do I find out if the lap top is compatible with this hub. I cannot find the wireless adapter type in the manual.

Woolwell 26 Mar 12

Different password?

onthelimit1 26 Mar 12

You should find the wireless key on a label on the hub. You then need to search for networks, and connect to yours with that key.

Patc 26 Mar 12

Thank you both for your suggestions.

My new bt hub works fine with my desk top computer,which is fairly new. My acer extensa laptop used to work with my old bt hub - but since changing to the bt2 hub I am unable to establish a wireless connection and on checking the user guide for the hub the reason could be that the old laptop computer could be using a wireless adapter 802.11b which is not compatible with the hub. I am unable to find any details of the wireless adapter which is used by the acer extensa to establish if this in fact the problem. Is there any way I can establish the wireless adapter that us used in the extensa?

Woolwell 26 Mar 12

Sorry I'm not familiar with the BT Hub.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message