wireless adapter

mrsmoo 14:46 20 Sep 11

hi i bought a second hand comp for my son and then purchesed a wireless adapter from argos to connect to internet which wont install properly then tried my bt adapter from my comp and it wont install that either am lost any ideas

onthelimit1 15:08 20 Sep 11

When you say wont install, is that using a disc supplied, or letting Windows install the driver?

rdave13 15:09 20 Sep 11

I had the same problem a few years ago with XP and a Netgear dongle. I'd install the dongle's driver and I couldn't get it to work. Eventually I uninstalled the driver and removed the dongle and rebooted. Once rebooted I connected the dongle (XP loaded generic drivers). Right clicked on start, properties, start menu tab, customize, and ticked the box for 'connect to'.

Back to start and then selected the 'Connect to' in the list and followed the prompts. Connected first time.

mrsmoo 18:58 21 Sep 11

yh tried using disc and all that and no joy rdave i will try that tom now and let you know fingers crossed at the min im that fed up with it im thinking about swapping comp with him and just plugging it in with a ethernet cable as im closer to hub!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…