wireless access point printer query

pookie 18:01 25 Apr 14

Hi,

Windows 7.

I have BT Infinity using a Netgear wndr3700 router with the BT modem. I already have homeplugs but not using them as couldn't configure the BT HH3 to act as a wireless access point upstairs. I have read that the HH3 is temprimental as a wap anyway.

Thinking of getting a TP Link wap to contect by homeplugs to the router downstairs to boost signal upstairs. I have a usb printer (non wireless) which I'd like to network to all computers in the house by wireless. Would it be possible to connect the printer by usb to the TP Link wap to do this using a TP Link ethernet port? Can you get an ethernet to usb cable?

I'd also like to use free ethernet ports on the TP Link to ethernet from it to some computers to gain internet access through the homeplus connection going through the TP Link wap.

Thank you

onthelimit1 09:02 26 Apr 14

'Would it be possible to connect the printer by usb to the TP Link wap to do this using a TP Link ethernet port?' Don't think that is possible.

'I'd also like to use free ethernet ports on the TP Link to ethernet from it to some computers to gain internet access through the homeplus connection going through the TP Link wap.' Yes, that will be fine.

You can network the printer if it's connected by USB to a computer that is switched on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…