Wireless Access Point Access?

greenkeen 20:17 08 Sep 06

Hi,
I have a Wireless network up and running but have an area of poor reception in the house. I have bought an Edimax EW-7206APG Wireless lan access point to bridge the poor area. My Wireless network consists of Linksys WRT54GS Router, Linkys WMP54GS PCI adapter and various notebooks with built in wireless capability all linked through a cable modem.
I have followed the instructions with the access point but cannot get into the configuration window to make it work with the network.
click here. This is its instruction manual.
Do I need to set the network name the same on all parts. I would have to change my network as I have no way of accessing the Access points config screen which is set at default or am I doing something else wrong. I have tried with it pluged into the router and wirelessly. I can see it is there and working but typing its IP address into the browser produces NOT FOUND.
Any ideas please.
Thanks

De Marcus™ 22:36 08 Sep 06

I've only ever found success with waps by plugging them directly into an Ethernet port for configuration, not a router and most definitely not via wireless.

Maybe just my experience with an old belkin wap but there you go....

greenkeen 15:05 10 Sep 06

I have tried linking directly to the lan on the computer and it still cannot find the ip address. The access points lights show that it is connected to the network and powered up. I have disabled all security on the system so that there is nothing to interfere with it. Any other ideas.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…