Wireless access to my desktop lost

JF25 12:22 PM 30 Jul 12

I have lost my internet access to my PC. It was working OK and suddenly dropped out. The wireless input is a AUSter Wireless Lan Card 3.0.9.1 and the the server is BT Broadband which is working perfectly as I am able to send this message from my laptop. I have checked the connections and they seem ok Should I uninstall my BT broadband and reinstall from the disk? Should it be necessary to replace the Lan Card is ths a difficult job? Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks JF

birdface 13:46 PM 30 Jul 12

Try going into Device manager and see if you can update the driver for it.

Or try Services and make sure WLAN is set to automatic and is running.

Or purchase a wireless usb adapter.no doubt someone will be able to recommend one for you but you should get one for under £10.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wireless++usb+adapter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

KRONOS the First 14:05 PM 30 Jul 12

No it is not difficult to replace the Lan card. What make/model of PC have you?

JF25 16:10 PM 30 Jul 12

The computer is Chillblast Fusion Goliath and according to the invoice it has a 54Mbps 802. wireless PCI Adaptor (for Wireless networks) JF

birdface 17:43 PM 30 Jul 12

Looks like this but whether you can buy it from them or not I don't know.

http://www.chillblast.com/54Mbps-802.11n-Wireless-PCI-Adaptor-for-Wireless-networks.html

Maybe have a look in e-bay or Amazon.

maybe wait for Chronus to point you in the right direction.

KRONOS the First 18:02 PM 30 Jul 12

Any PCI card will do the job, while your at it you would do well to update to a wireless N card. Click here something like this will do the job.

I am assuming that you have Windows 7? So just make sure any card you buy is compatible and uninstall the old card before plugging in the new and you should be fine.

KRONOS the First 18:02 PM 30 Jul 12

Any PCI card will do the job, while your at it you would do well to update to a wireless N card. Click here something like this will do the job.

I am assuming that you have Windows 7? So just make sure any card you buy is compatible and uninstall the old card before plugging in the new and you should be fine.

KRONOS the First 18:03 PM 30 Jul 12

No idea why it posted twice.

JF25 21:23 PM 30 Jul 12

Thanks for all your help I'll take it from here.

JF

woodchip 21:47 PM 30 Jul 12

As you are connecting to it by WiFi, Turn off the router and PC for five minutes the turn router on then PC after Router as Connected and all lights are on

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone