Wireless access to internet

silverstone 08:35 03 Oct 06

I have been trying to connect my daughter's laptop to the internet through the wireless router in her university accom. I have got connection to the D-Link router and am able to transfer files to another computer on the network. However I cannot connect to the internet through Explorer. I have checked Tools/Options/Connection and made sure that connection is to be via LAN and that automatic detection of settings is ticked. Any advice on what else I need to do would be appreciated.

ArrGee 10:27 03 Oct 06

Seems like you have gone through the settings correctly, so it could be a problem with Explorer. Try re-installing Explorer and use the connection wizard.

silverstone 13:31 04 Oct 06

ArrGee
Thanks. What I did not say is that I have the same problem with 2 laptops that I am trying to connect to the wireless router. Other people using the same network are accessing the internet ok. It cannot therefore be an IE installation problem. I must be missing something really obvious in the setup !

leedaz 14:28 04 Oct 06

Try wireless network setup wizard in control panel (I'm assuming XP Pro is the OS)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5