Wireless access to internet

silverstone 08:35 03 Oct 06

I have been trying to connect my daughter's laptop to the internet through the wireless router in her university accom. I have got connection to the D-Link router and am able to transfer files to another computer on the network. However I cannot connect to the internet through Explorer. I have checked Tools/Options/Connection and made sure that connection is to be via LAN and that automatic detection of settings is ticked. Any advice on what else I need to do would be appreciated.

ArrGee 10:27 03 Oct 06

Seems like you have gone through the settings correctly, so it could be a problem with Explorer. Try re-installing Explorer and use the connection wizard.

silverstone 13:31 04 Oct 06

ArrGee
Thanks. What I did not say is that I have the same problem with 2 laptops that I am trying to connect to the wireless router. Other people using the same network are accessing the internet ok. It cannot therefore be an IE installation problem. I must be missing something really obvious in the setup !

leedaz 14:28 04 Oct 06

Try wireless network setup wizard in control panel (I'm assuming XP Pro is the OS)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…