Wireless

Nathan613 11:51 24 Mar 10

Can anyone please hapl me sort out my wireless? i cant connect to my bt hub wirelessly i have uninstalled the wlan and reinstalled nothing doing i have plugged the hub in and out also nothing doing. other computers are working no proble. my system is windows vista, dell inspiron 1525, and thne wlan card is 1390 mini card.

also my network adaptor has an exclamaition mark next to it microsoft tun miniport adaptor#2

please help asap

mgmcc 13:42 24 Mar 10

If your Wireless Network Adapter has an exclamation mark against it in Device Manager, you need to reinstall its drivers, otherwise it isn't going to connect to any network.

Nathan613 14:24 24 Mar 10

i have tried updating my drivers, the computer says that it is updated. can you please enlighten me with away to update my drivers other than through device manager.

mgmcc 16:12 24 Mar 10

The normal way to update drivers is in Device Manager. The alternative is to uninstall the adapter in Device Manager (if it will let you when it isn't installed correctly), reboot and let Windows "find new hardware" and reinstall it. If it can't find the drivers automatically it will prompt you for their location and you can "browse" to where they are. However, you will need to have the drivers for the wireless card. Presumably you can download them from Dell's website?

Nathan613 18:01 24 Mar 10

thanks for your advice so far, i uninstalled the wlan and windows reinstalled it a pop up message said that the software and driver were installed successfully. however the wirless connected by still i could not get on to the internet. (at the bottom of the screen there was no blue ball next to the network icon when normally there is if there is a proper connection).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…