wireless

helpingf 16:03 28 Jul 06

i have broadband at the moment and would like to change to wireless i dont have wireless installed in my pc do i need a wireless adapter? and the wireless am looking to buy is NetGear RangeMax™ WPN824 Wireless Router ?what is the best you think

Pineman100 16:16 28 Jul 06

In order to change your broadband connection to a wireless setup, you'll need a wireless router to plug into your phone socket, and a USB or PCI wireless adapter attached to your computer. If you don't want to open up your computer and install a card, then go for the USB adapter.

If you currently use a "dumb" broadband modem, supplied free by your ISP, then you can't use this with your wireless router. You'll have to buy a router with a broadband modem built in.

Can't comment on the Netgear kit - never used it.

Strawballs 17:48 28 Jul 06

If you have broadband via cable you will need a router NOT modem/router but if via phoneline then yes a modem/router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…