wireless

mrmike99 08:59 17 Jun 06

if i buy two wireless usb adapters for my two pcs and also buy a wirless router do i need anything else to share the internet connection?

Diodorus Siculus 09:41 17 Jun 06

No, that is all you need if you are on broadband and have a modem. A modem / router combination is better.

If you give more details of your exact setup, we can give more helpful advice - eg do you have a PC near to the phone outlet? It will be necessary to connect one of the pcs to the modem / router with a cable first of all.

Mavericke 10:22 17 Jun 06

Additional note:
When you are buying a wireless router, please choose a MIMO enabled wireless router. It will do you good.

ade.h 14:16 17 Jun 06

MIMO is unnecessary in most situations. I have only encountered *one* installation in which a MIMO router proved beneficial to signal strength. In all other cases, 802.11g was/is perfectly adequate. Particularly so when set up and positioned carefully.

You *may* wish to choose a more conventional - and cheaper - boosted system (without MIMO) if you intend to stream large multimedia files. Please bear in mind that all such system are proprietary to a large extent and have only limited "pot luck" interchangeability with other boosted devices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…