Wireless ?

Ritchbee 13:32 26 Jan 05

Hopefully someone out there is able to point me in the right direction about this subject.

How easy or not is it to do this ?.

What exactly do you need (Hardware/Software) ?

What are the benefits/problems you may have.

Is it worth it ?.

Appreciate any help or advice given.

Brian

Technotiger 13:35 26 Jan 05

Hi, there are wireless mice, keyboards, modems etc - are you whinking of anything specific? - also what os are you running?

Cheers.

Technotiger 13:35 26 Jan 05

typo; thinking - sorry

johnnyrocker 13:37 26 Jan 05
  toni b 13:57 26 Jan 05

you will need a wireless access point and a wireless access card which often can be bought as a bundle.
You then contect you modem to the wireless access point and add you wirelss card to pc (there are various types of card such as usb or pci) you then follow manufactures set up guidelines usally via a setup wizard and away you go.If you search the forum you will find all the required information and recommendations to various brands.Is it worth it? well that all depends on your reason as why you need wireless internet,if you want to share connections at various points around the house/office is ideal.It is reasonably cheap to set up.With the aid of the set up wizard it is fairly simple to be up and running in no time

Ritchbee 13:59 26 Jan 05

Technotiger,

I'm just wanting to see whether it feasable to reduce or get rid of my cables.

My OS is XP Home.

Ritchbee 15:42 26 Jan 05

Toni B,

Thanks for the advice.

Makes sense now.

Cheers
Brian

georgemac © 16:00 26 Jan 05

click here

have installed 2 of these lately, excellent price and excellent kit

assuming you want a wireless network with adsl access

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…