Wireles Network problems. Wont connect to Internet

BIGBAGGY 16:02 28 Jul 04

I have a wireless Network just set it up. PC works fine and 2 Lappys ok but when I take the card out and put it in my third lappy it connects to the Network ok cos I see activity on the "status" but I cannot connect to the Internet. I have been at it for days but no success even reinstalled XP but still no joy. Ayone have any ideas?

BIGBAGGY 16:28 28 Jul 04

the card seems to be sending and recieving but I dannot get any access to intenet. The card is ok cos I am using it now on another Lappy. The OS is XP PRO on all

johnsims 17:11 28 Jul 04

Do you have all the same stuff under the Connections Tab in Internet Explorer: Tools - Internet Options on the problem machine as on the others?

BIGBAGGY 18:47 28 Jul 04

seem to have but maybe Ive missed something. Checkedthat there is no Firewall.

BIGBAGGY 18:47 28 Jul 04

Also it has been working before on a wired network.

Charence 20:39 28 Jul 04

Have you checked that the Subnet Mask is the same on ALL computers and the Default Gateway is the IP Address of the computer which connects to the internet or router?

You should be able to solve it by re-running the Network Connection Wizard. I'd recommend that you choose to manually set your network connection and not let Wizard do it because it seems to be having problems connecting wireless networks properly when wired hardware is also installed and disconnected.

Regards, Charence

BIGBAGGY 21:51 28 Jul 04

If I manually set it what exactly do I do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…