Wired & Wireless problems?

scaramonga 19:53 01 Oct 07

Hello peeps :)

I have a 3Com wireless router connected to PC1 via Ethernet connection and all works fine regarding my broadband.

PC2 is sharing this broadband via the built in ASUS WiFi AP Solo wireless card and the internet works fine.

So, PC1 is WIRED and PC2 is wireless.

Problems are:

PC2 sees PC1 OK as regards file sharing, but PC1 cannot see PC2 for any file sharing??

No Workgroup computers are able to be seen on either system also?

Infrastructure is what I have it set up as, I guess this is correct? Both SSID's match as do the Workgroups, along with WEP 64 matching keys.

Windows built in wireless software don't work on PC2 with WiFi AP Solo for some reason? so I have to use the Solo software.

Maybe a problem with one being wired and one wireless??

Here are detailed specs:

3Com OfficeConnect 3CRWDR101A-75 ADSL Wireless Router.
Windows XP SP2 (on both PC's)
PC1 - ASUS P5K Premium (using onboard Marvel LAN)
PC2 - ASUS P5W DH Deluxe (using onboard wireless AP Solo)

Any help appreciated :)

FreeCell 20:54 01 Oct 07

DOn't think it's anything to do with your wired/wireless setup, more likely to be a problem caused by the File and Printer sharing set up or firewall settings on one of the PCs.

Read attached MS document on F&P Sharing set up to check all your settings on both PCs are correct.
click here

To test if problem is firewall, turn any used off on both PCs and see if problem persists

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009