wired and wireless broadband - help

Super Frankie Lamps 12:36 26 May 05

i have wanadoo broadband and a laptop running windows xp sp2. the laptop has an internal wireless 802.11g card (plus all other external connection points that are expected) and i use a belkin wireless router with internal modem. so far it looks like i know what i am talking about, good eh?

now for the thick bit - can i set up my laptop so that i can use a wired connection when close to the phone point/router, and wireless when wandering around the house. if so, how ?

thanks for your help

TomJerry 12:51 26 May 05

just link your lappy with router with a Cat5 cable, lappy will use whatever connection is available to it

no special setup is needed.

just enable Lan adaptor if it was disabled

belt&braces 13:02 26 May 05

Hi

have a look click here, may help with setup.

Good luck

Aspman 15:38 26 May 05

Remember to secure your wireless access point properly or you'll have the neighbours using your BB.

woodchip 16:10 26 May 05

You first setup the Router with a RJ11 cable, from modem to router then a Ethernet cable to Ethernet port on Computer, Open Internet Explorer and type one of the following to get at the settings page. in Address bar type 192.168.1.1 press enter if it does not bring the page up type http:// before the numbers above. You can then put your ISP Password and Connection in. That should get the Desktop going, You also need to enable Wireless in the settings. For laptop load software and the program should tell you when to install the card

woodchip 16:11 26 May 05

That should read RJ11 from Filter on phone line to Router and Ethernet from Router to Computer

Super Frankie Lamps 17:44 26 May 05

thanks everyone, i should be able to sort it all out with all that info !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…