Wired Router/Modem + iPhone

Beadle 18:34 05 Sep 08

I have just purchased a new iPhone and wish to use the wi-fi capability on it however my router/ modem is wired and I use homeplugs throughout the house for my PS3 & Laptop.

What is my best course of action? Quality of signal is important to me.

Thanks

ambra4 18:42 05 Sep 08

Take a look at this unit

NETGEAR Wall-Plugged Wireless Range Extender Kit

The kit consists of the XE102 Wall-Plugged Ethernet Bridge and a WGX102 54 Mbps Wall-

Plugged Wireless Range Extender.

The XE102 connects to an existing wired router from any vendor, and the WGX102 can be plugged

into any electrical outlet to create an area of wireless access

click here

Beadle 18:52 05 Sep 08

Thanks for the quick reply.

Daft question I think but as I already have my 'network' going around my electricity cables can I not just use a wireless extender?

ambra4 19:27 05 Sep 08

Yes, but you did not list the type of home plug being used

If the maker of the home plugs type that you use, have a wireless extender than it would be wise to

use the same make

The Netgear kit is a complete wire to wireless system not sure if you just buy the wireless extender

that it will work with your home plugs

ambra4 19:45 07 Sep 08

Take a look at this unit

NETGEAR Wall-Plugged Wireless Range Extender Kit

The kit consists of the XE102 Wall-Plugged Ethernet Bridge and a WGX102 54 Mbps Wall-

Plugged Wireless Range Extender.

The XE102 connects to an existing wired router from any vendor, and the WGX102 can be plugged

into any electrical outlet to create an area of wireless access

click here

ambra4 19:47 07 Sep 08

Sorry my mistake just ignore

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…