WIRED ROTER/MODEM

neil67 14:22 15 Oct 06

Hope someone can help me,with this question
i have just connected my two computers so the y both use internet the i have a netgear modem internet gateway model no DG814.
My concern is when i switch my computer off it shows on panel on front of the modem gateway its still connected to internet so how do i disconnect from internet when not in use.
do i just use switch at back.
The reason i ask is that i used to have a modem what switch off when i turned computer off.
i dont want my connection leaving open,or is this ok providing my computer is switch off,hope someone can help stiil a novice with computers so no too technical please
many thanks if any one can help

Forum Editor 14:32 15 Oct 06

it is no longer connected to the internet, but the modem/gateway is.

There's no advantage to leaving your modem/gateway connected when you're not using your computer, so turn it off.

neil67 14:47 15 Oct 06

many thanks neil

Mr Beeline 00:03 19 Oct 06

"There's no advantage to leaving your modem/gateway connected when you're not using your computer, so turn it off"

Unless he has an ADSL Max connection. Then is it not advisable to leave the router on?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…