Wired network problem

jsheik 01:21 11 Feb 05

Please do not laugh at me. But I can't get it to work. I am only connecting 2 computers- A viglen and a Hp. Now the Viglen is in the network while the HP will not detect the network card even though the LED is lit on the card. I didn't get a driver for it, so what do I do?

AndySD 01:38 11 Feb 05

What is the operating system of the HP and what is the make/model of the network card?

Ivor_Monkey 09:08 11 Feb 05

I take it that you are not using a router, but trying to connect both computers directly witha cat cable.

If so, have you got the right cable? You need a crossover cable.

jsheik 12:11 11 Feb 05

Both computers use ME, the make of the netwrok card is Dynamode. I have the correct cable, it is that the computer won't accept the card.

FelixTCat 12:38 11 Feb 05

Look in Device Manager on the HP computer. Does it show that the network card is working properly?

Have you set both computers to the same workgroup name? Have you given both computers different names?

How are IP addresses allocated?

Ivor_Monkey 14:17 11 Feb 05

If you think the problem is that the pc won't accept the card, have you swapped the cards over?
What happened?

jsheik 18:03 11 Feb 05

There is nothing wrong with the card it works fine. I have swapped them of other and the won't install on the hp. The problem is that it says: Network card is required. And it is all plugged in, and i havr gone to n add/remove hardware and it says it has found the card. I restart it and it say a netwrok card is required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…